The District’s Rules and Regulations should be consulted for the actual current Rules for water use by the District’s customers. In general, these Rules include:
- Outdoor watering of grass, trees, plants, and other vegetation is allowed only on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday on the side of the street with odd numbered addresses and only on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday on the side of the street with even numbered addresses.
- Between April 1 and September 30, outdoor watering is permitted only between the hours of 5:00 PM and 10:00 AM.
- Washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, and other types of mobile equipment must be done with a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle or a bucket. This restriction does not apply to washing that takes place on a commercial car wash or commercial service station.
- All swimming pools must be equipped with filtration, pumping, and recirculation systems.
- Evaporative coolers must have bleeder lines that are not larger than 1/8” inside diameter unless the evaporative cooler is operated with a timed discharge. Bleeder lines shall be conducted outside and the water discharged may be used for watering landscaping or other vegetation.
- Water is not allowed to be wasted. This includes outdoor watering that flows from the property being watered, failure to repair leaks, and washing of sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, tennis courts, patios, or other impervious surface area with a hose except in the case of emergencies to remove spills.