Did you know a leaky toilet can cost you thousands?
A new toilet flap costs between $5-15
Don’t let your money go down the drain!
- Install a low-flow showerhead that limits the flow from the shower to less than three gallons
- Take short showers or turn the water off while washing and back on again only to rinse.
- Take a shower instead of taking a bath.
- Showers with low-flow showerheads often use less water than taking a bath.
- Reduce the level of the water being used in a bathtub by one or two inches if a shower is
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants.
- Mulch will slow evaporation of moisture while discouraging weed growth.
- Soft, wet areas around your sprinkler heads, especially when the system has not been in use, could indicate a leak. Contact your licensed landscape professional to determine if repairs are needed.
SUMMER WATER SAVINGS
- Don’t throw dropped ice cubes in the sink: they can be used to water house plants.
- When kids want to play in the sprinkler, use it in an area your lawn needs water most.
- Don’t let the sun steal your water: water your lawn in the morning or evening.
- Ensure sprinklers water grass and not concrete.
Water is a precious resource: Every drop counts!